All about lotteries

"Lottery Real" is my weekly updated blog about weirdness and crazy situations related to Lotteries all over the world. Winning lottery is to know winning lottery numbers.

Monday, April 9, 2007

Brad Duke - smart winner

Brad Duke, 34, a manager for five Gold's Gym franchises in Idaho, pocketed a lump sum of $85 million after winning a $220 million Powerball jackpot in 2005. He spent the first month of his new life assembling a team of financial advisors. His goal: to use his winnings to become a billionaire.
Here's what Duke has done with his money so far.

  • $45 million: Safe, low-risk investments such as municipal bonds

  • $35 million: Aggressive investments like oil and gas and real estate

  • $1.3 million: A family foundation

  • $63,000: A trip to Tahiti with 17 friends

  • $125,000: Mortgage retired on his 1,400-square-foot house

  • $18,000: Student-loan repayment

  • $65,000: New bicycles, including a $12,000 BMC road bike

  • $14,500: A used black VW Jetta

  • $12,000: Annual gift to each family member



Did he really expected to win? He answers:
I played the lottery often when I won. I had developed a little numbering system. Since I've won, there's been a lot of numbering systems for lotteries all over the Internet. Before that, there weren't any. I really thought I was going to win. I even wrote it down in my journal in 2002.

First purchase is important - what was his?
A trip to Tahiti for me and 17 of my friends. At the same time, I paid off my mortgage and student loans. [What was your biggest purchase?] The family foundation was the biggest allotment of money. $1.3 million.

Did he quit his job right away? You'll be surprised:
I still teach a spinning class there twice a week. I took some time off after the whole thing because everybody had investment opportunities that were the greatest thing since sliced bread, and there were 100 of them every day. So I had to get out of there for a while, but when I went back, the people I'd been teaching for the last 8 years were still the same people, and I was still the same instructor.

More read from the original source.

And even more:
Will increasing gas prices keep you from going on vacation? Answer here.
Switching to DISH Network - the reason now.
Miscellaneous deals on The best of hidden.

Labels: , , ,

Home based business - my experience of getting online marketing "degree".
Winning lottery - know the history and winning lottery numbers.
Best deals - best credit card deals and offers, free gifts, best deal auto and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home